- Automatically translating a gettext-ed programme with Apertium - Using the open source machine translating software apertium you can automatically translate your gettext/.po files to the target language to bootstrap your translations
- How to add a "English (Pirate)" language option on your website - A properly internationalized website or programme can take different languages, this explains how to automatically make a speak like a pirate option to your language choice
- Lint tool to find non-i18n strings in a django template - Finds text in a Django template that has not been passed through 'trans' or 'blocktrans'. If you are tying to internationalize a django template, this linter is invaluable to make sure you don't miss any bits.
- Pylint plugin to find non-i18n/gettext strings - This is a plugin for pylint, the python static code analyzer (lint) that finds strings that are not passed through _/gettext. Use this checker to find strings which you have forgotten to translate
- i18n django middleware to check for ugettext_lazy strings in byte strings - If you put a ugettext_lazy call into a byte string (as opposed to a unicode string), you get a