I have a GPG key: Rory McCann GPG key. Fingerprint:
6102 4C32 77E9 5E12 B3B1 CEBC EAD6 7667 998A FBF6
Things on this site
- It's no longer possible to defect or leave the Catholic Church
- Deleting Hackerspaces from Wikipedia? - Someone's suggestion deleting loads of hackerspace articles from Wikipedia
- Hackerspaces in OpenStreetMap - I made this auto-updating map of all the Hackerspaces in OSM.
- My Anki decks - Anki is a spaced repition software to help you learn things. I've made some custom decks
- Google Suggest Venn Diagrams - Google suggest lets you see what people are searching for. Explore the overlap of various queries in a venn diagram
Technology & Gadgets
- Kindle stuff - I got an Amazon Kindle, this is how to do stuff with it
- Android Phones - Android the mobile phone operating system
- OCR (Optical Character Recognition) stuff
- Galea - Easily stitch & composite videos together on the command line
- OpenStreetMap, including bendy roads analysis, and religions of the world map
As a professional programmer, I have learned many things. I'm putting things online so others can learn from them.
- Networking, TCP, ports, internet
- Python stuff - As a professional (and hobbiyist) python developer, I've found programmes and scripts and things
- HTML & CSS tips and tricks
- XML processing and interacting
- Linux and command line bash stuff for the modern programmer sysadmin
- GStreamer media framework for linux.
- Apache Pig - Map Reduce / Hadoop / Cloud library
- Food recipes (including Rory Pizza).
- Ideas for projects - Ideas for software projects I've had
- My Reviews - Some reviews for services/shops/companies I've dealt with
My Other Sites
One of my side projects is a Celtic Knot Creator - Software to make Celtic Patterns.
Kindle Maps - More maps and ebook stuff.
Sites from other people
The awesome Tom Salmon has a blog, where he talks about linux and software development
Also just for the record, this is a book published by someone close. Never a Heap of Earth
"A puzzle would be to cross Dublin without passing a pub" Ulysses, James Joyce - Yes you can do it! Here's how